Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Jeans!

So these are some jeans that I personally have tried out and feel can be worn by just about anybody, and purchased on just about anybody's budget:



Caden Straight Leg Jeans by Heritage1981

Photobucket



These are the quintessential dark denim, which is a style that, like it or not, is not going away for a while. We're seeing more and more bleacher, destroyed and acid wash jeans these days, but the dark/raw look has stuck through it rather nicely, so if you don't have a pair, I would get off my ass and get these. They're a slimmer straight leg, which is great in that it ends up being flattering for just about anyone. If you've got a few extra pounds, it does wonders for slimming your leg line and balances out any extra weight in your torso. $35, available at Forever 21 and http://www.forever21.com/.



Indie Fit Black Jeans by Social Collision

Photobucket


All right, bad photo, but it's the best I could find. These actually wear a bit tighter than they look here, so definitely try them on before you buy. That said, I get more use out of these jeans than any other in my closet, mainly because they suit just about any style you want. They go well with a blazer and boots (as seen in my last post), but also look good with an old band shirt and chucks. They're also great for some do-it-yourself denim destruction, and take really well to fraying, shredding, and torn out knees. They really are a blank-slate piece, you can build your whole outfit around them and always count on them to tie it together. $30, available at Hot Topic and http://www.hottopic.com/.





Rude Fit Dark Blue Jeans by Social Collision

Photobucket

Made by the same people as those black ones up there, these are TIGHT. This is one of the few dark jeans i would actually recommend that you over-wash to break them in, mostly due to the amazing shade they fade into, and they way they wear into a feel that is so soft it almost feels like cashmere. Whether you choose to wash them or not, these will look great rolled up over a pair of Grinders or done down with some stand-out sneakers. Wear them with a checkerboard belt and a badass buckle to complete that well-dressed skate bum look. $30, available at Hot Topic and www.hottopic.com.





511 Skinny Jeans by Levi Strauss & Co.

Photobucket

I know you've heard your whole life that Levi's 501's are the only pair of jeans you'll ever need. I, however, call bullshit. Levi Strauss does, however, make a great pair of skinny jeans, the 511. These are gonna wear a bit looser than the other jeans I've posted here, but the way they're cut actually makes YOU look slimmer, since they sit lower and aren't as tight around the waist, which makes it look like you're actually thinner than you dress. I wear them on my fat days. (yes, I realize EXACTLY how I sounded writing that!) $35-$60, available at Levi Stauss & Co., Kohls, and us.levi.com .

...aaaand there you have it. I'll see you tomorrow, or whenever I feel like doing this again.

Johnny "Fuck Schedules" Heartbreak

No comments:

Post a Comment